When traveling to Walt Disney World, there are so many resort options it can be hard to narrow it down. One year our family was upgraded to Disney’s Beach Club Resort. At the time, I was not all too familiar with accommodations at this amazing location right next to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It was the best thing that has ever happened to us on a Disney vacation! After this trip we chose the Beach Club as our Disney Vacation Club home resort and we are now excited to go every year.
If you are uncertain as to which resort to book for your family, here are 10 reasons why we return to Disney’s Beach Club Resort time and time again.
1. You cannot beat its location! It’s located near the International Gateway to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Disney’s BoardWalk. When staying at the Beach Club you are a 5 to 10 minute walk to Epcot and a 15 to 20 minute walk to Hollywood Studios.
2. The Disney Skyliner station located at Epcot’s International Gateway provides easy access to other resorts and theme parks for dining and shopping.
3. There are a large number of restaurants that will be easily attainable to you while staying at the Beach Club. Not only are there some great restaurants at the resort such as Beaches and Cream, but you also have access to the restaurants at Disney’s Yacht Club and BoardWalk and Swan and Dolphin Resorts as well.
4. If you are interested in character dining, there are three locations that are easily accessible to you. A short skyliner ride to Disney’s Riviera Resort will bring you to Topolino’s Terrace for one of my favorite character breakfasts. On the BoardWalk you can dine with Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Princess Ariel, and Prince Eric at Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast. Finally, the Beach Club is home to Cape May Café character breakfast. (Currently some character breakfasts are not operating but hopefully will be soon).
5. The lobby at this resort is our favorite. Not only is it beautifully decorated with an upscale New England beach vibe, but it smells absolutely amazing. It is one of the most inviting lobbies that we have ever seen. Our first time walking in we knew that we had discovered the hidden gem of Disney resorts.
6. The Beach Club offers lots of lovely, secluded sitting areas. You can easily find a rocking chair to go and read a book or just take in the view. After a long day at the park it’s nice to be able to find a place to just get away from the crowds and relax.
7. The resort is located on Crescent Lake. This is a fun place to take out boats, go for runs, relax at the beach or simply explore other areas such as the BoardWalk. Also, when Disney fireworks return July 1 at Epcot, you have an amazing view from this location.
8. Disney’s Beach Club and Yacht Club are sister resorts and are connected to each other. This means everything is under one roof. It is great when you have the ability to walk to shops and restaurants indoors. Especially when the Florida weather can be very hot or rainy.
9. This resort offers child care! You can drop your kids off at Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew. It runs from 5:00 pm until 8:30 pm and includes dinner. This is available to children ages 4-12 and is $58 per child per night. (Currently this is not available but hopefully will return soon as it is wonderful to have an adult night out on a Disney vacation).
10. Finally, the biggest reason that most people stay at this resort is that it has the best pool on Disney property. There is a 3 acre sand bottom pool with a 23 foot waterslide and a lazy river! Stormalong Bay is for sure the most popular pool in all of Disney. Cast Members will scan your Magic Band to be certain that you are a resort guest before you can access this exclusive pool.
I am sure that by now you are convinced this is the place to be when traveling to Disney. Disney’s Beach and Yacht Club Resorts do not disappoint.
If you would like to hear more details please check out my YouTube video here: